Sunday 22 August 2010

Exhausted

It's been a busy few weeks round these parts. Getting back into the old diet (lost 2.5lbs in 1st week), work is getting busier and 2 big family celebrations. My big bruv is now the tender age of 40!!!! I'm the only one of us still in my 30's now - ha ha And this weekend has been one of my cousin's wedding.

We left for Carnoustie on Friday afternoon and were staying in a self catering flat for 2 nights along with my dad and his wife. It was a really nice flat, older property with big rooms, high ceilings and an amazing view from the livingroom out over the sea.

It's been a really good weekend, weather has been fantastic (bit windy but what else can you expect on the east coast of Scotland!) and it's been really chilled out. The dude has been fab, not phased at all about sleeping in his travel cot, or in a different location and was a total flirt with the waitresses at the hotel!

The day began with us waiting outside for the new bride and groom to arrive by helicopter so the dude thought he break in his new shoes! Then a wee chilled out drink with daddy. Unfortunately the meal was a bit of a let down and the dude almost didn't get fed (apparently they thought the 'babies' wouldn't need a their own meal) but it all ended well - he had half of mine and then some cheesey pasta.

This morning we decided to take a little wander along the beach first time paddling in the north sea! We had great fun.

I was so busy last week that I didn't get any sewing done so my aim this week is to finish the backing of my current WIP.

No comments: