Thursday 18 April 2013

Normal service ....

... is slowly being resumed!  I can hardly believe that our little girl has been here for 8 weeks, those have definitely been the quickest 8 weeks of my life.  She has her own routine and we are gradually getting into a new routine which meets everyone needs.  Her longest sleep seems to be from 7/8pm until roughly 4am, which is a fantastic 8/9 hours.  However I would REALLY, REALLY love if her longest sleep was the other side of midnight through to 7/8 am.  I've tried doing a dream feed at 11pm but she still wakes at 4.30 so we're just going to have to continue our middle of the night wakings for a while longer.  But on the other hand I do get snuggly cuddles in the middle of the night and if I'm really lucky little smiles too! (she isn't smiley in this photo, but any excuse for a wee photo of my baby)

I have been slowly starting to make stuff again - yay!  Nothing exciting to begin with, more function, than frivolity, but still getting back in front of my sewing machine.  To make this lovely ............
peg bag!!  It's been on my to do list for goodness only knows how long and a new bag of pegs has been sitting in my kitchen for the same length of time.  But now it's made!  So I can hang my washing out and keep on with my peg OCD (honestly I have to use the same colour of pegs for each item of clothing - I'm weird, what can I say!).

The other thing I've started is adding the binding to a quilt I'm making for my son.  The quilt top has been a UFO, hanging about for ages (like many other things) so I've made the binding and pinned it to the quilt.  Just need to attach it now, maybe I'll get that done on Saturday night when Pedro's at work).



2 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

She is a most beautiful baby and the fact that you can get any sewing done right now is a small miracle in my mind.

Lynz said...

Cat on a quilt!! Heh. I know I'm supposed to coo over the wee bean but we all know she's totally adorable. Nice to see you stitching again, too. We should do something together one day once things settle for you.