Tuesday 3 July 2007

A little bit about me

Well this is it started - so I work full time with a local council in the Strategy section of the Housing Department. I really enjoy my job, I deal with Private Sector housing issues - not everyone's idea of a great job but I like it. I've worked with the council since I left school and have worked my way up from clerical assistant to a Coordinator so I'm really pleased with that.

Over the years I've been into cross stitching, dabbled a teeny bit into quilting after my sister opened a quilting shop. Heard about scrapbooking through a friend who started doing it years ago. Bought a qvc kit about 18 months ago but only actually plucked up the courage to do something with it in March this year. Haven't looked back since! I am a member of UKScrappers forum website and am addicted to that. Chat on there at least once a day and have made loads of new friends through it. Also found a second hobby - collecting trollbeads. This is a new type of charm bracelet with funky beads and is highly addictive.

Spent today completing my first ever Circle Journal - once I get organised I'll load some pics up. A CJ is basically a round-robin - you create a journal, pick a theme and pass around a group of people. Everyone completes a layout based on your theme. You get the journal back once its been around and is complete. Will be really good to see other peoples work up close, I'm really looking forward to sharing my work this way.

No comments: