Monday 22 June 2009

What a difference 4 weeks make!!

4 weeks ago just now I was in labour, sitting in our car, outside Stirling Royal Infirmary, hoping to be told when we went back into maternity triage that I was in active labour!

Now 4 weeks later I'm at home, watching TV with this little bundle of fun sitting in front of me ..................



And you know what ........... it's not that hard really! (I'm so going to regret thinking that aren't I!!) But that's what I feel at the moment. We've got ourselves into a kind of routine, he's sleeping at the moment but will be awake within the next hour wanting fed and then we (me & wee man's daddy) need to be fed but as he's not home till 8, that will be later!

Sleeping wise wee man did not bad last night, 11.30pm til 5am ish! Still takes a bit to get up at that time but that's a good chunk of sleep for a 4 week old. Probably won't happen tonight but we can hope!!

I'm getting the hang of getting the amount of housework done as well as looking after Euan, now I just need to try and fit in some 'me' time. Well actually writing thank you cards and maybe, just maybe, getting some scrapbooking done.

Tomorrow will be a test - Pedro is working from 11am and won't finish until nearly 9pm! So maybe I'll be eating my words this time tomorrow.

But maybe not, life is only as hard as you make it. I've made a few times over the last few weeks hard for myself but my hormones are finally settling down, things don't seem quite as overwhelming as they did 2 weeks ago and they are keep getting better every day. It's the small things that make me happy these days .......... a wee smile from Euan and the odd decent sized explos-a-poo nappy! Who'd have thought that would make me proud!?!?!?!

No comments: