Tuesday 17 May 2011

Crazy animals and busy times!

Well I think that's what the fabric is called!  I can't actually remember and none of the selvedges I can find have the full name.  But it's by Moda, at least I know that.  I've had the material for a few months (think I bought it at the Scottish Quilt Championships last October but it might have been the spring one!) but couldn't think what to do with it.  So after seeing a few square in square quilts over the last few months I decided it would be an ideal design to show this fabric off.  The white fabric is actually a white duvet cover that I bought in Asda.

Really need to try and take some pictures in daylight, these don't really do the fabric justice.  Still to sew the rows together but it's taking shape really well.  I'm planning to give it a border so should get than done by the weekend hopefully.  Mind you we've got our next block in the Mystery Quilt - paper piecing, another new technique for me, which is great looking forward to try my hand at that.  And we've now got our partner info in the Brit Quilt Swap so I've got my thinking cap on to design something for my partner.  These are my first 2 ideas, scribbled out very quickly during my lunch yesterday.
 To top of last night look what I spied outside and double rainbow!  The sky had a really cool pink tinge to it for a while afterwards too.

No comments: